Our Fair for Everyone Advertising Policy
We make our money through online advertising – which makes this site free for you to use. We’re not trying to pull a fast one or rip you off, but we do need to pay all of the expenses necessary to maintain this site and like every business, hopefully make a profit doing so. We believe we’ve adopted an advertising policy that works best for us and for you. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- We reserve the right to place Ads based on where we believe they will perform best – if a page happens to discuss a certain topic or is based on a certain location/region Ads specific to the topic and or location/region will be considered first for placement. Where Ad-Spots are not taken up, we reserve the right to make use of 3rd party Ad Networks to populate these space until suitable advertisers are found.
- We use Behavioural Targeting (or Retargeting), but we will not use Behavioural Targeting unreasonably and comply with all regulations regarding same. If you go to a site about accommodation ours and 3rd party tracking tools we will assume you are interested in accommodation and promotional items regarding accommodation may be shown to you. It’s not a sinister action, it just makes sense to show you what you have shown interest in; you are under no obligation to take action or purchase anything unless it’s your desired action.
- While we try to scrutinise and manually approve all ads, we may run more ads than it is reasonable to keep track of. If you have a complaint about an ad for any reason, please contact us and let us know and we will do what we can to update/move or remove the offending Ad. – it’s not in our interests to displease our users*
- We do not allow auto-initiated sound – this means that ads are not allowed to have the sound switched on or the video playing with audio on when the page loads. If you see an ad which does this, please let us know and we will rectify this as soon as possible*
- We do not allow ads which make you download anything (especially malware/viruses!), or which break the site in anyway. We also do not allow ads that direct you to bridging pages with the intention of redirecting you to other pages. If you see an ad which does this, please let us know and we will disable or remove the ad as soon as possible*
- For Advertisers: Pricing is currently fixed for Banner Ads at a Rate of R50 p/month on inner pages and R95 p/month on our Home Page. The cost of banner ads is different to the cost of listing pages which are yet to be introduced. Fees are payable for the month/year in advance and exclude the cost of banner design, if needed. Once payment is received, your banner will be placed in the next available spot, subject to the location and/or topic of the page. Specific Ad locations may be requested, but final placement is at our discretion. Ad view tracking and click-through tracking is currently unavailable, but will be introduced soon. Our flat monthly rate runs from the 1st of the month, until midnight on the last day of the month. Our discounted annual rate runs for a full 365-day period, starting on the day your Ad is published and ending at midnight on the 365th Day. At our discretion we may upload ads earlier than the start date and/or delete them after the expiry date; please note no refunds are given once a monthly advert is booked and published because our rates are so low all income is utilised to cover administrative costs of placing your Ad. Refunds will be issued for annual Ad Packages, subject to pro-rata usage and a 20% cancellation fee.
Our sole intention is to help local businesses by exposing relevant products and service to you, our site visitor, while at the same time helping you find what you are interested in. We, too, are a business and by providing this advertising service it aids in funding our business too. Yes; it’s one of the ‘vehicles’ we use to make money too.
Last Updated: 07:29, 04 August 2021